Sunday, December 2, 2007

A New Hobby

No, the new hobby is not making lobster bisque. I am taking a student development class this semester. This past week we talked about stress and ways in which we can deal with stress more effectively. One of the suggestions was that you take up a hobby. I thought that I could use a good hobby, and thought if the Roni and I could share a hobby, it could be something we enjoy together. That way we could have something that we can do together.

Roni and I talked and we came to painting. She mentioned that she had a watercolor paint set (not just one of those awesome crayola ones either) and so we went out and bought some brushes and some stuff to paint on. I haven't painted in a long time. I think the last time I used watercolors was when I was in elementary school, maybe even the first half of elementary school.

So we got home and each picked something to paint. I figured that a bowl of fruit is pretty safe, and traditional, so why not try that for my first attempt. I picked this picture to go off of.
I started with a simply sketch and then just kind of went for it. Since blogs are all about putting yourself out there for everybody else in the world to see, I thought that I might as well post my finished picture on my blog. Here it is (don't pay attention to the stuff on the sides, that was just my color testing area):

1 comment:

Diana said...

I like it.

Keep painting