Monday, February 11, 2008

Forget London Bridge, the South Gate is Burning!!

Korea's number one national treasure was burnt down on Feb 10th. How do I know that it is the number one national treasure? Because Korea numbers each of the national treasures by rank, and the South Gate of Seoul was number one! This would be akin to somebody going and blowing up the Statue of Liberty in America. The structure was over 600 years old, and marked one of the historic entrances into Seoul. The government estimates that it will take three years, and over 20 million dollars to rebuild the gate. I've never been there, but I have been to the East Gate of Seoul. Now I wish I had listened to my friends and gone to the South Gate...

2 comments:

Mika said...

If it makes you feel better, I've never even been to the East Gate. Or the Statue of Liberty.

Th. said...

.

I was horrified too. I can't imagine how Korea is handling it.