Thursday, February 26, 2009

Good Newses!

What exactly is the plural form of "news"?

A couple of good things to announce here, I will go down in the order of perceived "goodness"

As I am sure many of you already know, and have read of my lovely wife's blog, we had the bwun! Here are all the juicy (do you catch that? because labor is messy... and juicy... so it is funny because... never mind) details that not even Roni probably remembers!

We arrived at the hospital around 6 AM (still a horrible time to be arriving anywhere, if you ask me), and they got Roni all set up to be induced. They started giving her the pitocin to get the contractions going. Roni has been having pretty consistent contractions for a while now, so the pitocin wasn't really doing much as far as we could tell.

The fun really started at 9, when the doctor came in and determined that Roni was far enough along to get her water broken (is it really her water, or is the the bwun's water that got broken?). After that, the contractions really started going, and Roni could tell that they were really doing something.

The nurse came back in around 10, and said that nothing much had changed, and shortly after that, the contractions got REALLY bad. By the time they checked her an hour later, she was fully effaced and dialated, and said that she was ready to start pushing, but that we had to wait for the doctor to get there around noon.

Around noon, a nurse came in and said that the doctor would be in soon, and Roni should start trying to push. After one push (not even one contraction), the bwun's head almost starting coming out, so the nurse decided NO MORE PUSHING, at least until the doctor came in. We waited almost another hour, and around 12:45 the doctor made it in.

When he entered the room, they started having Roni push again, and by the time the doctor had his gown on, it only took one and a half contractions for the bwun to enter the world! At 1:09 we officially had our newest addition to the family. Evan Tarleton was born at 7 lbs and 5 oz kicking and screaming. I thought he was cute right off the bat, but Roni reserved judgement until he was washed off to make her call. Personally, I think he is getting cuter by the day. Check out Roni's blog about the bwun to see pictures of the cute little guy.

The other good news?

Well, my interview with BYU went quite well. I thought it was going to be a very in depth interview with all sorts of trick questions. I was surprised, however, because it was fairly straight forward. The dean asked why I wanted to go to law school at BYU, and then he told me why he wanted me to go to law school at BYU. So hopefully, I'll be going to BYU in the fall to start my legal education!

2 comments:

Mika said...

Well, I have officially passed judgment: the Bwun is SO ADORABLE. And seriously getting cuter every day. By next week he just may be the cutest baby in the world!

Uncle Boris said...

I always thought it was strange when people said my newborn kids looked "just like" me. Maybe the denial comes from the fact that I don't actually look at myself all day, so I don't have the same point of reference other people do. Or maybe I just imagine myself to be far more handsome than I am, and never realized that my face is all squished up like a newborn.

Anyway, I got at least a little better understanding of it when I saw your bwun--"Holy smokes!" I said, "He looks just like the Romgi!"

Congratulations!