Thursday, September 27, 2007

North Korean Blog?

So, as a few of you know, I have fully joined the blogging bandwagon by creating yet another blog. This one is for my Korean friends, so don't be surprised if it is all in Korean. Blogs are pretty standard in Korea, so I thought that I might as well make one in Korean to keep people up to date on what is going on in my life.

Well, I didn't want to use the exact same color scheme as this blog, so I chose a different template from the options, shown here.

I then sent out an email to all of the Koreans that I have an email address for, and told them that I had created a blog and that they were welcome to take a look at it if they so desired. One of my Korean friends, a man that I met near the end of my mission and was baptized a few months after I left, sent me an email about my blog.

It started out with the usual formalities of "how are you? I am great." and then he began to talk about my blog. He said that he was glad to see that I still miss Korea, and that the blog was generally well made. He had only one complaint. He said that the design of the blog reminded him too much of the North Korean flag, and so it made him feel "rigid" and uncomfortable. The North Korean Flag (or as they would like to say the flag of The Democratic People's Republic of Korea) looks like this.



So, what do you think? Do you think that google is trying to send subliminal messages about our unfriendly neighbors to the east?

1 comment:

Th. said...

.

No. But that's a great idea for a blog. Wish I'd been bloggin in '97.