Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Vactor 21000 series

Today, I saw something truly amazing. I was working on a school assignment when I heard something loud this morning. Very loud. Now, today is trash day, so I first thought that it was just the trash getting picked up. The noise continued for minutes, it sounded like a some large street sweeper, but it was taking much to long to be a normal street sweeper. In fact, it was taking too long to even be a garbage man. I then realized that the trash had already been picked up nearly an hour earlier.

It wasn't until I walked outside that I saw the Vactor 2100.

This beast of a machine was moseying down the street. The huge pipe that you see at the top of it was swung out, and a large tube was attached to it. A guy was holding the tube, walking down the street sucking up all the dead leaves that have been around since October. In essence, he was vacuuming the road. As I walked to school, I could hear this thing sucking away from almost two blocks away. I couldn't help but think, "I wonder what this thing could do for my carpet!"

The next time a kirby vacuum sales guy tries to sell me a vacuum, and he tells me that the kirby is the best vacuum around, I am going to look him in the eye, and say to him, "Really? But how does it compare with the Vactor 2100 parked in my living room?"

2 comments:

Mika said...

I think I just found a birthday present for you.

Bethany said...

Oooh. I'd like one too!!