Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A FITting End

Probably everybody that would read this blog already knows, but just in case you did not know, I won the Biggest Loser (he he... I almost typed "lobster") competition. The prize money came out to $270 for the men's division. I've been at a loss as to what to do with the money. I have already saved up for an iPod Touch (I am waiting patiently for the next generation of iPod Touch to come out... I'm hoping for bluetooth). I already bought a Wii (complete with a great game thanks to Roni's parents!). I already bought a pretty awesome watch (thanks mom and dad). I couldn't figure out what else to get!

I finally decided that because I earned the money by losing weight, I might as well get something that will help me to keep it off, and to help me get fit (that is where the title comes in. Do you get it? FITting, like fit...). I've decided to get a new bike! I went out bike shopping the other day, and I hadn't ever realized that the price of bikes varied so much. I mean seriously, it can go from cheap to expensive with surprising ease.

I wanted something that was a step above walmart, but not something I could win the Tour de France in. I decide to go with a hybrid bike, which unlike a hybrid car, involves neither gas nor electricity. Rather, a hybrid bike is a bike that lies somewhere between a road bike and a mountain bike. They are deigned for comfort, and cost a whole lot less. I am waiting for the bike shop to assemble the bike, then I will be be the proud owner of a new bike.

No comments: