Monday, December 8, 2008

No Particular Reason

Here are some random facts about me. No particular reason, just a bit bored at work.

Languages I want to learn (at least conversational levels)

1. French - because it is French

2. Chinese - because it is sort of what Latin is for English, but for Korean

3. Japanese - Because it is similar to Korean

4. Spanish - I feel guilty about not remembering any of it from High School

5. German - I'm not really sure why...


Places I would like to live in, for at least a couple of years

1. Monterey, CA - Monterey may be the coolest city anywhere

2. Raleigh, NC - Weather isn't bad, houses are cheap, and I'd like to live back east for a while

3. Seoul, South Korea - I love the pace of life in Korea. Also, the transit, the fashion, the food of Seoul always make me feel at home. Sometimes, I feel more at home in Korea than in Fairfield.


Places I would like to visit (no particular order)

1. Ireland - Because I imagine it being very green

2. Paris, France - to use the French I'll be learning

3. Mongolia - I here it is ruggedly beautiful, and I've liked the Mongolians I've met

4. Beijing - the Forbidden City!!

5. North Korea - Because I can, even if it is only for one day.

6. Egypt - it is EGYPT... why NOT go there?


Things I want to learn how to cook

1. Dalk Ddori-tang - a spicy Korean soup with lots of chicken and potatoes

2. Abalone Bisque - Arguably the best use of abalone that man has yet to come up with.

3. Apple-cranberry pie - if you've ever had it, you would know

4. Chocolate Mousse - good stuff.


My Secret Ambitions

1. Become an Academic Decathlon Coach - it was most likely the most rewarding thing I did in High School

2. Teach - probably not at a public school, but I think it would be fun to teach or work in a school

3. Be able to ride my bike 20+ miles in one day - I've only done it once, and it was starting in Golden Gate Park in San Francisco, it was hard, but rewarding.


Things I wanted to be when I was growing up

1. Marine Biologist - I think it was because my elementary school mascot was a dolphin, but it may have been because of EcoQuest.

2. Mathematician - Maybe because of Malcolm in Jurassic Park, and I used to really like math

3. Astronomer - again, I liked science, and let's face it. Space is the final frontier.

4. Lawyer - Perry Mason is pretty cool.


I think that is it for now. Feel free to admit any of your own random facts on your blog, or in the comments!

No comments: